Your health is important, and so is your cardiovascular health. It can ensure you a longer and a happier life and it can also strengthen your heart and lungs and decrease your risk of cardiovascular disease.
Here are 8 ways to help you improve your cardiovascular health.
- Do regular cardio exercise – Cardio exercise is one of the best ways of improving your cardiovascular health. The cardio type that is the most effective for improving your cardio fitness levels, is cardio interval training.
- Stress less – Stress less by doing relaxing exercises like yoga, meditation, Pilates. Exercise in general also helps. Too much stress increases your appetite for high calorie “comfort” food, so you want to avoid it!
- Avoid refined sugar – Rather sweeten your drinks or food with honey or a natural sweetener like Stevia as refined sugar can increase your risk of heart disease and diabetes.
- Focus on low GI carbs -You should try to make low GI carbs your main carb choice, it normalizes blood glucose levels and prevents cardiovascular disease.
- Stop smoking – If you just can’t ditch your bad habit, you can try the electronic cigarette – it give you the kick without the harmful effects like heart-disease and lung cancer.
- Control your drinking – Too much alcohol can also have a damaging effect on your cardiovascular system. To avoid that, rather stick to no more than 4 alcoholic drinks a week. Alcohol also lowers your will power, so you are more likely to eat more.
- Prepare your food the healthy way – A healthy preparation method is needed for a healthy system.
- Maintain an active life-style – Make sure that you exercise regularly and that you also move a lot. One of the easiest ways to make sure that you exercise regularly is by making your own home gym with discount fitness equipment.
If you implement these 8 tips, you will help make sure that your cardiovascular system gets strong and healthy. You will also start to look and feel great!